Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Solution!


Every night Aspen wakes up at exactly 12:48 and 2:48 (at least). I've tried letting her cry (okay, maybe not all night...I am a working mother and need my sleep) so I'll just scoop her out of her crib and put her in bed with us. Then after my arm falls asleep from lack of space, I'll put her back in her own bed. Its much easier than listening to her scream all night "Binks! Binks! Binks!...."...having me walk in to give her the binky only to find out that its in her mouth. I cant remember a time that she has consistently slept through the night. Finally I started listening, and every time she wakes up it is because of a train. She loves trains during the day, but they have been waking her up at night.


Solution? Grandpas air machine. It worked Saturday night and last night. She was sick Sunday night so that doesnt count. Aspens dad thinks its going to start a fire, that its going to raise the power bill, and thinks he can hear it at night. He could care less if we have batteries in the smoke detector, but is worried that this will start a fire???...we dont pay the power bill it's included in the rent, and hes deaf in one ear and I cant even hear it running so I dont see it as a problem, its a huge blessing! Although I have to admit I have had some good laughs from Niel thinking there is a spider or a mouse in his bed...she loves to touch his back and he'll fly out of bed so fast. I've never seen a mouse in our house, and our spider problem is gone, and they were never in our bed...so I dont get why he thinks that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a darling picture of Aspen!!
I totally believe in the air machines. I got my kids hooked on
them when they were little and now
a couple of them still use them, much to the dismay of their spouse.
They block out all the outside noise. I still use one. They will
NOT cause a fire! lol...Gram

Anonymous said...

If Grams says its ok, than its ok.

Jeeze, Niel is a crack up. No, its not going to cause a fire, and if you're worried about power why doesn't he think of unplugging that massive tv every time its not on? But like you said, its included in the rent so it won't raise your bills. Silly Niel.

If you don't have spiders I'm moving in with you. I've found two in my tub (isn't this supposed to be the time they hibernate?!) and I think they're coming out of the wall behind my shower. Talk about creepy.

PS to grams, you need to comment on my site to make it even. Love all,

Aub

The Shepherds said...

Of course you know Grandma is talking about me and Ryan when she mentions the air machine. I SWEAR by them with my kids. LIFESAVERS! Aspen is such a cute girl. She looks a lot like you! Niel is hilarious! I miss your little funny stories about your cute little fam and life in general.